Newsmoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

indiantony

Original poster
May 30, 2015
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Hello all,

I just bought a new smoker (Masterbuilt Dual Fuel) and stumbled upon this site looking for smoking tips/suggestions.

Although I'm new to using a smoker, I have been using a standard Weber Grill for several years to smoke various types of meat.

I'm looking forward to reading/posting here...always looking to improve my outdoor cooking skills.

Cheers!

T

Welcome to the board! You've found the right place for smoking information. Use the Search to look up your smoker and see how people use them.

I was smoking on Webers for years before I got an offset. Being "direct" it can be tricky to smoke something without also grilling it.

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another rainy day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

Thanks guys.

I smoked 10 pounds of pork loin, and 15 pounds of brisket yesterday, for a fund raiser my wife and I were having (for my niece).

We did a dry rub on the meat the night before, and I smoked it for about 5 hours at 200-225. I then put the meat in Nescos for another 6 hours at 200.

The pork was very good, but the brisket was excellent.

I may have found a new hobby!

Question:

The manual that came with the smoker says to clean the trays after each use with soapy water. Which I did, but as I was cleaning them I wondered if maybe wire brushing the trays just to get the stuck-on meat scraps off would be better. You know, leave the trays kind of "seasoned" as you use them?

Thanks

T

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky