Newly inspired

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tgrid

Original poster
Mar 7, 2018
Baton Rouge,LA
I found this site about a month ago and I love it. The recipes and food pick are amazing. My smokers about 9 yr old I used it on and off for cook offs, catering and at my restaurant. About 3 yr ago I brought it home to stay. I used it 3 or 4 times but then 1 ½ yr ago we had a flood in the city I live in. We had 5 ft of water in are house, the smoker stayed under water for a few days I did clean it after the flood but it was just rusting away till I come to this site. This is a pick of it 3 weeks ago
IMG_3102.jpg
IMG_3103.jpg
IMG_3103.jpg

So I stated grinding it down spent 2 days with a 41/2 in grinder. then painted it then re cured it
IMG_3135.jpg
IMG_3164.jpg
IMG_3136.jpg

Then i just had too,This was on Monday i did brisket,chicken,ribs and sausag And its just my wife and i
IMG_3145.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3147.jpg
    IMG_3147.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: mike5051
I started at 10 am I know I only had till 7 pm for that when my wife would be home and ready to eat. Started the brisket first at 250 then at 12 pm I put the St Louis ribs, at 3pmI put the brisket and ribs in a pan with wire a rack on the bottom filled to the rack with apple juice, warped with plastic wrap then foil, but it back on with the sausage and chicken, at 6 pm I pull the chicken off and opened the foil and put the meet back on cranked it up to 300, at 6.45 pulled it all off and let it sit till 7.30 and her it is

Attachments

• IMG_3168.jpg
    IMG_3168.jpg
    113.7 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3169.jpg
    IMG_3169.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_3171.jpg
    IMG_3171.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_3173.jpg
    IMG_3173.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3180.jpg
    IMG_3180.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3186.jpg
    IMG_3186.jpg
    178.6 KB · Views: 29
Welcome , and nice job on the new interest in the smoker . That's a nice rig . Sometimes you just need to walk away , then come back . Post up some cooks when you can .

How tall is the wire rack that you put in the pan? I have been searching for a rack higher then 1 inch and can’t seem to find any that fit in pans I buy.

Hello and welcome to SMF. Sorry to hear about the tragedy you had, glad to see you are well and have resurrected your smoker. Great looking kitchen, smoker, and food. Way to go...

Welcome to SMF. Nice job on the resto of your smoker. BTW the food doesn't look to bad either.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky