• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newby.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

Glad to have you with us!

I'm not a builder so I can't help you with your question.

But I can move this to the build section, and I think you will get more responses there.

Al

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
Hi there,

I build a bunch of vertical insulated smokers.

To keep cost down, use 1/4" for the firebox and #16 sheetmetal.

If it is not too big 50x50x2mm box steel will work.   You can use thicker so it is easier to weld, but guessing you want practic filling holes;)

I would lower the stack also and put the intake vents in the firebox door.

kiowaguy

Joined Oct 22, 2016
Sorry had a busy day, price really isn't an issue. The school is buying all the steel I just gotta buy wheels and handles that picture is just basically a rough idea of what I was going for. My problem is should there be something funneling the smoker into the cook chamber? Or is having it open fine?

ahumadora

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Aug 28, 2015
Make it bigger and make it a reverse flow is my advice.

If the school is buying the steel, hell make one like in my profile pic ;)

kiowaguy

Joined Oct 22, 2016
They won't buy that much steel. I thought about doing bigger but I don't have much room in my garage to keep anything much bigger then this one. How exactly does a reverse flow work?

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.