Newbie to the group

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Noseoil

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 19, 2020
Just wanted to say a quick howdy to everyone. I'm making a new smoker out of a 55 gallon drum & am not finished yet, but parts are arriving a little at a time. 2 years ago we moved to a small town in northern New Mexico (Raton = rat or mouse in Spanish) from Tucson. I gave my old smoker to a neighbor, so it's been tough not having one to use, so I figured I'd build one. I enjoy making things, so this is just another challenge to work on for me.

BBQ-T1.jpg
BBQ-Handles.jpg
BBQ-UpperGrill-s.jpg
BBQ-Shelf.jpg

There's still a lot to do, but I'm enjoying working on it & we're looking forward to having some ribs again, it's been too long since we had some good ones cooked properly & slowww.....

Looks like it's going to be a real nice smoker, and welcome to the group.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky