Newbie questions

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BarbarianFoodie

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 9, 2020
N.E. SD
New to this site and just have several questions,
First, is there a rule as far where as a newbie I should post things?
2, if I am smoking/grilling say chicken and steak where would I post?
3, I noticed after members handles they have stuff like pitmaster, smoke blower etc, where does that come from?
Thanks in advance for the answers,
M. KIMG1530.JPG

1, welcome to the forum.
2.Beef, pork and chicken each have their own sub section/ meat specific section. As does fruits, nuts vegetables and a wide variety of others. Post the Cook in chicken section or beef section which ever you feel best fits your cook.
3. The pitmaster etc is related to post count.
Again welcome and enjoy. Look forward to seeing your cooks.

Hey barbarian and welcome to the forum. New members usually post a hello in the new members forum for the first time. As far as what meat you are cooking there is a thread forum for just about anything so steaks go under beef or grilling beef. Chicken goes under chicken or grilling chicken and so on. The titles under our names change the more you post. It's a way to show how often you contribute to smf. Not a ranking system or skill system. Hope this helps

These guys have ya covered so welcome to SMF from iowa

Ryan

Welcome...Flatbroke and TNJAKE nailed it. We look forward to your posts...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky