Newbie on WSM

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Tickyur

Original poster
Jun 23, 2019
Hi guys, been out of the smoking game for about 10 years and I'm easing my way back in with a WSM 14.5. Decided to smoke a pork butt roast and was wondering if the Texas crutch method will be needed? Ref: https://amazingribs.com/more-techni...-crutch-wrap-foil-tenderize-and-speed-cooking

A buddy of mine said it's a crucial step but that article says no need to do it on pulled pork. Curious what the community thinks?

Thanks and looking forward to reading more awesome stuff on here!

I loved my little WSM. Gave it to my son and he uses it a lot.

I’ve done both. Now days I do not wrap anything. Wrapping tends to soften the bark . My family loves the bark. Good luck.

Reactions: Tickyur
Like BD said either way will work. It's all about time. If you need it done quicker then wrap. If your ahead of schedule then let her fly.

Chris

Reactions: Tickyur
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky