Newbie here

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badger2w1

Original poster
Jul 13, 2016
I just received a smoker from a friend who could not take it when he moved.  Lucky me.  It is a side smoke which is what I wanted and can't wait for the weekend to give it try.  I happened onto this site looking recipes so again lucky me.  Just so everyone does not think I am always lucky I did  drop and break my phone.

If anyone has any good recipes for a beginner let me know.  two days till my first try.

welcome1.gif
 to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

I started my smoking life with an offset, and a pork butt.. The best advise I can give you is .. Let the smoker stabilize before putting on the meat.
Most new owners are so excided about the cook
Just light the fuel and toss on the food , before the
Pit reaches its running speed.. Light it up close the door and wait like an hour till you get the temp into
Your target zone (225-250) . Add small chunks of woods. Wait till the white smoke is gone. Then you are good to add your food.. Low and slow. And Dont open the doors to see how it's doing( if you are lookin..you're not cookin..)
That's why I started with a butt.. Big piece of meat and very forgiving..
Oh yea... Welcome all our new members

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky