Newbie from South Africa

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mornedj

Original poster
Jan 21, 2016
Heya,

I am totally new to bbq smokers, but I have been dreaming about building one for a few years. Since now I have mainly been doing grilling, using the Weber every now and then for a whole prime rib or chicken. 

Planning to do a reverse build in the next year, hope that the plans realize into action with work and all.

Regards

Morné

Welcome to SMF, Morne.

Glad to have you with us.

Lots of talented builders on here to help you with your project.

Good Luck

Al

Normally I use Sekelbos for grilling (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dichrostachys_cinerea), but its got a light fragrance. Will try it some time. I can likely beg my neighbour to bring me a few bags of cherry and peach wood from his farm. Will have to hunt for sources and try it out I guess once I have a smoker.

Next, what are the meats you have? Or seafood, hmm let me think, does South Africa have any coastline ... I'll have to google Africa and see if there's any ocean around it.

Then, what about culinary influences?  Peppers from Portugal, curries from India? Local spice combinations? THE WORLD NEEDS TO KNOW

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cold and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

BTW   I'm an RF guy,  love mine

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky