Newbie from NJ

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mccabegc

Original poster
Aug 16, 2016
Evening everyone! My name is George and I have been bitten by the smoking bug thanks to my brother in law. I am now trolling forums for info and narrowing down my choices for my first pellet smoker.

I have a family of 5 to feed and thanks to my two sons, the list of ideas for this new adventure has already become endless.

Thanks for any help you all may offer!

Hi George!

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Reactions: mccabegc
Let me ask.. Why a pellet smoker.

Honestly, because that's what I want. My brother in law has a rec tec and I have had some great food at his place. I have a very busy life, so having a little bit of set it and forget mindset is quite appealing.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on the topic though. I always value hearing stories of others experiences!

Welcome to the site. I am a trager fan my self and i love it you can adjust the Auger speed for heat and smoke if needed . easy to clean and has burned any pellet i have put in it . i have the new style it has two built in temp probes and displays temp.
There are a lot of different ones you just have to find the one that works for you.
Good luck in your choice and welcome once again
Papa t

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum, from a rainy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky