Newbie from Central Illinois

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

el cid bbq

Fire Starter
Original poster
Mar 14, 2011
Greetings - I have gotten the barbecue bug. I have lived in several states known for excellent barbecue and am now in an area where I do not have ready access to great BBQ (just referring to my little hole in the wall) so last summer I started experimenting with my charcoal grill I bought at Sam's club. I recently purchased a Master Forge Propane smoker from Lowe's and tried it out last weekend with a Lamb Shoulder - Owensboro KY style.

Had a hard time getting the right temp - solely operator error, but it still came out pretty good. I'll post a couple of pics soon.

Welcome to SMF. There are a lot of very friendly & knowledgeable folks here to help you. I urge you to sign up for the free E-course. It will give you the basics, & even if you are an experienced smoker you may learn something new. Then start asking questions. Good luck & glad to have you aboard. Don't forget we all love Qview!

Welcome to the Addiction! You will find many fine folks to help you with your issues.  Read on and explore the many hidden treasures on this site you will find the answers.  

welcome1.gif

Don't for get to sign up for the 5 day E course.  It will help you set a firm foundation.

Thanks Everbody - I'm actually on lesson three of the e-course now.

Chef Willie - thanks for the info. The pics are awesome. I plan to make a similar shelter asap. The winds were at a minimum of 22 mph when I was smoking last Saturday. I had it close to the fence, but that didn't help at all.

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to SMF and were glad to have you aboard. Join in and share your experiences, have some fun and don’t forget to post our favorite.

The Qveiw

Joe

Trying to upload photos - not working - I'm sure it's operator error again.

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking good! Lamb is one of my favorites.

[quote name="SmokinAl" url="/forum/thread/104506/newbie-from-central-illinois#post_609392"]

Well my friend It looks like your well on your way to being addicted to smoking like the rest of us. Great job there buddy!
[/quote]

I got it bad.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky