1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie from Arkansas

Discussion in 'Roll Call' started by skids1112, Dec 5, 2013.

1. skids1112

skids1112 Newbie

Hello everyone!  My name is Charlie and I live and work in Northwest Arkansas.  I bought a 40" mes gen 2 from Amazon.  It arrived yesterday.  After I ordered the smoker, I found this site by chance and have been reading through posts every night for the past week.  I am just blown away by how helpful and friendly this site is.  I feel like I know some of you already.  Jeff, I am taking your online course at this time.  Todd, I ordered and received the pellet smoker and enjoyed reading about your trials with the mes 40.  I almost sent it back but I like a challenge and I can't wait to try it out.  I am going to stop by and get a 3" elbow before I fire it up and try your recomendations.  Dave, enjoyed the mailbox conversion and plan to try that too.  Sounds like you have out smarted a lot of problems.  That's what I tell my guys at work.  We just have to be smarter than the problem.  I felt like if i am going to use the info from this site, I should join up and introduce myself.  Thank you to all members.  To those who may care, I am a Viet Nam era US Army vet.

Regards,

Charlie Apperson

2. GaryHibbert

GaryHibbert Legendary Pitmaster OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Hey Charlie

Welcome to the forum.  You're right, the people here are the friendliest and most helpful I have ever met.

Gary

3. gary s

gary s SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster OTBS Member

[​IMG]Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   

Gary