Newbie....first chicken smoke.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jerc

Original poster
Nov 29, 2013
Hey guys.

Just finished my first time smoking some chickens. 2 6lb chickens in my little MES30 my wife got me for Xmas.

Brine was a combinations of the massive amount of information I found on here from you smoking/BBQ ninjas. Brined for about 12hours. Rubbed em with some oil and hit em with the rub. Rub I used was another combination of spices tossed together. 

Was supposed to do a bacon weave on the 2nd one but ran out of time due to poor planning lol. Smoked them for 3 hours at 265 with applewood chips.

They came out great, Could barely get my buddy a leg off with out the bone sliding off.

Thank you all for the sheer amount of information you guys posted, never had to ask one single question 
thumb1%20copy.gif

Woo HOO!  Looks GREAT.  Nice job!  Now you can compare the wrapped to the unwrapped chicken to see which you like better.

BTW, removal of the labels on the lemons or oranges is purely optional.  I've brined and smoked many a label myself, especially on apples.  (Sorry, couldn't resist and thanks for the chuckle!)

Welcome to the smoker club!

Woo HOO!  Looks GREAT.  Nice job!  Now you can compare the wrapped to the unwrapped chicken to see which you like better.

BTW, removal of the labels on the lemons or oranges is purely optional.  I've brined and smoked many a label myself, especially on apples.  (Sorry, couldn't resist and thanks for the chuckle!)

Welcome to the smoker club!
DOH! Totally missed that lol. AS for the bacon, the non bacon bird is better IMO. BUT...the bacon itself is great on it's own. 

Thanks I'm hooked, already have the next dozen or so projects planned lol.

Rosemary, citrus, garlic....yum! Looks like some great flavors for your brine. And a bacon topping makes everything taste better.

Looks fabulous, thanks for sharing!
Clarissa

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky