Newbie at this ,looking to learn

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Feb 24, 2007
N.B. Canada
Hello fellow smokers,I have been in the retail meat business for some 22 years now,and process my own and friends wild game,make sausages at home and am now researching ,getting ready to try my hand at curing and smoking different meats.
I will be doing some reading and possibly be asking for some advice from you fellow meat lovers out there,love the site,thanks in advance,T-bone.

Welcome Tim -

This is the greatest site on the net to learn about smoking, curing and BBQ. Any questions just ask someone will no doubt have an answer! Check out Jeff 's 5 day smoking ecourse its a winner and it's free!

What kind of smoker are you using/planning to use?

Welcome to the forum Tim!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I am looking at building my own with an old water or propane tank and an electric burner,just as soon as I can get my garage heated .

Hi T-bone Tim and welcome to the SMF. What a wonderfull profession to have when one of your interests is smoking meat !!
icon_cool.gif
Plenty of folks here who are willing to share their vast knowledge and experience. Glad you found us.

Welcome! If you are wanting to learn this is THE PLACE. Sounds like we might all learn some from you also, and that is what this is all about.

Welcome T-Bone. Glad to have ya. Be sure and share your knowlege of meats with us also. There are lots of newbies here learning and trying different cuts of meat. Always nice having an expert in our midst.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

T-Bone welcome to SMF. Looking forward to your posts. Having another person here with your skills is great!

Keep Smokin

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky