• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Newbie at this ,looking to learn

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
Hello fellow smokers,I have been in the retail meat business for some 22 years now,and process my own and friends wild game,make sausages at home and am now researching ,getting ready to try my hand at curing and smoking different meats.
I will be doing some reading and possibly be asking for some advice from you fellow meat lovers out there,love the site,thanks in advance,T-bone.

deejaydebi

Legendary Pitmaster
Joined Nov 18, 2006
Welcome Tim -

This is the greatest site on the net to learn about smoking, curing and BBQ. Any questions just ask someone will no doubt have an answer! Check out Jeff 's 5 day smoking ecourse its a winner and it's free!

What kind of smoker are you using/planning to use?

t-bone tim

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 24, 2007
I am looking at building my own with an old water or propane tank and an electric burner,just as soon as I can get my garage heated .

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Hi T-bone Tim and welcome to the SMF. What a wonderfull profession to have when one of your interests is smoking meat !!
Plenty of folks here who are willing to share their vast knowledge and experience. Glad you found us.

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Welcome, welcome!! Glad you are here!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

peculiarmike

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jun 29, 2006
Welcome! If you are wanting to learn this is THE PLACE. Sounds like we might all learn some from you also, and that is what this is all about.

naplesroo

Smoke Blower
Joined Jan 13, 2007
Welcome T-Bone. Glad to have ya. Be sure and share your knowlege of meats with us also. There are lots of newbies here learning and trying different cuts of meat. Always nice having an expert in our midst.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
T-Bone welcome to SMF. Looking forward to your posts. Having another person here with your skills is great!

Keep Smokin

up in smoke

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Jul 12, 2006
Hey T-Bone, You will enjoy yourself here, good folks and tons of stuff to keep ya interested, welcome!

cheech

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Dec 19, 2005
Sweet love to have someone like you with your experience here on the forum.

Hope it warms up soon in your garage, love to see what it will look like

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.