newbe needs advice

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bowmanmt

Original poster
Oct 10, 2018
Ok well at least I know my cabelas propane smoker is a Weston chrome vertical, stands about 5 ft. I got it cranked up and used 4 different thermometers, one a digital probe style which I will use to put into the summer sausage. one that come with the smoker located in the door. and then 2 long solid probe styles that I use for when I deep fry turkey. all where registering at high around 325 and in the door thermo was at 225. So know I dont know what to think. The other 3 were coming in from the top and dropping down about 8 inches. The one in the door is about half way up the door. I am going to be smoking nine 2.5 x 20 summer sausage this Saturday morning. I am going to try and get it as low as I can. One fellow member said do not add water in the water pan. when do I add the apple chips. I do know the inside temp of the meat needs to be 160.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky