Newb from Texas hill country

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

acasto121

Original poster
Aug 7, 2022
Hello, all. Came here looking for sausage making tips, recipes and to learn some smoking skills.
Looking forward to getting to know some of y’all and sharing a few beers and life experiences.
Thanks for having me around.
My name is Tony.

Hello, all. Came here looking for sausage making tips
Hello also from the TX Hill Country. What part of the world do you call home? We're getting quite a contingent in this area and considering putting together a little event.

A while back I took a bunch of info I learned here and put together a thread laying out some of what I learned. Here is the link to that thread. Don't hesitate to ask if there are other questions..

Robert

Reactions: sawhorseray
Thanks guys for the greetings and info. I live very near Canyon Lake. Would enjoy meeting some of the locals and cussin and discussin over a beer or two.

Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Ton of sausage boys here, including me. RAY
DSCN1211.JPG

Would enjoy meeting some of the locals and cussin and discussin over a beer or two.
Keep your eyes open. I'm in Lago Vista, about an hour north of you. We're finding folks from all over the area so one of the other members ( CTXSmokeLover CTXSmokeLover ) who lives just east of me are plotting a bit to see if we can figure out a day to make it happen. Only one problem though....one or two beers around here ain't gonna cut it :emoji_laughing:
Welcome from Gilbert, AZ! Ton of sausage boys here, including me
Tony...Ray's got it going on where sausage making is concerned. Great guy and a wealth of knowledge. He'd probably be more than wiling to help if you have Q's....as would a ton of other good people here.

Robert

Reactions: Gonna Smoke
Welcome Tony from Colorado. This is a great place of shared knowledge so ask your questions and post up your progress and results.

Came here looking for sausage making tips
Welcome Tony from the Palmetto State. You have definitely arrived at not only THE PLACE for sausage making, but all things meat related as well as a lot of other cooking ideas and techniques, too. So many folks here with such a vast knowledge, all you have to do is maybe search some, but definitely ask questions and you'll be rewarded...

Welcome from another Texan. As Robert mentioned above hopefully we'll get something together in the future since there seems to be quite a few of us

Welcome from Nova Scotia , just around the corner from you guys in Texas, Ok I lied .
But it seems like it with SMF, : )

This is the place to learn, share, show and tell. And have some fun also

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky