• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Years Eve and New Years Day Grub.

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Covid being Covid we just had a quiet New Years. For the Even we just stayed home and watched some movies with the fam. We decided to not have a big meal but to graze the whole night.
The Menu
Chips, Salsa, and Queso
Little Smokies and Meatballs
Philly Cheesesteak Egg Rolls

Well I only got pictures of the egg rolls. The egg rolls I quickly grilled thin sliced sir loin steaks. Sauteed onions and bell peppers. We let everything cool then sliced and combined. Then we laid out an egg roll wrapper and placed provolone cheese and the filling in it and rolled.

Screenshot_11.png

2-3 minutes in the oil and they were done.

Screenshot_1.png

New Years Day we had planned a feast for the fam. Well we realized we had alot of food so we asked the inlaws if they were interested and they said yes and said lets do it at their house which we didn't mind.

New Years Day Menu
French Bread and Butter
Green beans with bacon and onion(MIL made this)
Caramelized Onions
Prime Rib
5lbs of Snow Crab Legs

For the prime rib I decided to use the high heat method @ 500° for 5 minutes per lb then shut the oven off and leave it in there for 2 hours without opening the door.

We used softened butter and herbs then coated the PR.
Screenshot_2.png

Here it is after pulling out

Screenshot_3.png

Crab Legs just steamed.

Screenshot_4.png

Dinner is served. Oh by the way I left it in the oven for 20 extra minutes by mistake and it took it a little over where I wanted the PR.

Screenshot_5.png

I hope everyone has a better year this year than last year. Also sorry for the late post.

MJB05615

Master of the Pit
Joined May 12, 2018
Everything looks great Brian. Making my mouth water, and we just ate. LOL. Hoping you and yours have a safe and happy New Year.

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Sure looks good. Those are some Nice Crab Legs. My guy wants $14 per pound and they are tiny, three clusters per pound. Sweet meat but all Shell...JJ

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
Sure looks good. Those are some Nice Crab Legs. My guy wants $14 per pound and they are tiny, three clusters per pound. Sweet meat but all Shell...JJ
Got 5lb case from Sam's at 12/lb

jcam222

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jun 13, 2017
All looks great Brian!! I love that method of cooking prime rib.

sawhorseray

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 17, 2014
Prime and crab legs looks pretty darned good from where I'm sitting, nice work! RAY

yankee2bbq

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 7, 2017
Looks good. And I hope this year is a whole lot better too.

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
That is quite a spread Brian!
We just made egg rolls last night, Judy makes a big batch & freezes them. But we do them in the air fryer.
Anyhow everything you made looks delicious!
Al

HalfSmoked

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Jun 11, 2015
Looks great Brian now I know why you moved to the west coast its to far for me to travel in time for dinner.

Warren

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
That is quite a spread Brian!
We just made egg rolls last night, Judy makes a big batch & freezes them. But we do them in the air fryer.
Anyhow everything you made looks delicious!
Al
Al,

We thought about the air fryer but haven't used it for egg rolls yet. How long do you cook them and do you do them from frozen or thaw first?

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That's some Mighty Tasty looking New Year's Vittles, Brian.
Way to Go!!
Like.

Bear

SmokinAl

Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Al,

We thought about the air fryer but haven't used it for egg rolls yet. How long do you cook them and do you do them from frozen or thaw first?
We do them frozen, Judy sprays them with Pam, then sets air fryer to French fry, which is 400 for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Al

bmudd14474

Legendary Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Group Lead
Joined Jun 1, 2008
We do them frozen, Judy sprays them with Pam, then sets air fryer to French fry, which is 400 for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Al

Thanks Al. I might have to make some of these and freeze then try it out.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.