New Year’s Day Pulled Pork

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke signal

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 23, 2013
NW Ohio
Picked up a couple pork butts from Sam’s club for $1.98/lb. to pull some pork for tomorrow. Went in the smoker after work and should be ready for the wrap and stove by midnight. I can’t think of a better way to ring in the new year than tending a smoker. Anyone else cooking in the new year? Share in the comments below.

Attachments

• 3DBB8376-2526-4F87-A43B-F461368E6301.jpeg
    3DBB8376-2526-4F87-A43B-F461368E6301.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 17
  • EE70EECC-CF21-42B7-9DE9-EC321EEBCD30.jpeg
    EE70EECC-CF21-42B7-9DE9-EC321EEBCD30.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 18
  • CBE62AFB-3E4B-4FFF-BD72-EAC5E00F6ECC.jpeg
    CBE62AFB-3E4B-4FFF-BD72-EAC5E00F6ECC.jpeg
    301.8 KB · Views: 8
  • 6AA8F02A-6997-4AFD-9689-8F1717FDDD48.jpeg
    6AA8F02A-6997-4AFD-9689-8F1717FDDD48.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 7
Looking good! Not smoking anything tonight, but been busy making things for this weekend, couple Christmas get together s we couldn't have last week

Ryan

Reactions: smoke signal
Yup . I always smoke something on New Years day . Doing PP. Also starting in the morning .
Supposed to get an 1/4 inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .

Last edited:
Yup . I always smoke something on New Years day . Doing PP. Also starting in the morning .
Supposed to get an inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .

1/4 of inch here tomorrow.

Supposed to get an 1/4 inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .
Just wrapped my piggies in a blanket and stuck them in a cooler. 14 hours to IT 195deg. Show pics if you can!

Last edited:
Reactions: chopsaw
Nope, No Smoking allowed on New Year's Day, at the Bear's Den.
Mrs Bear has to have her Annual Pork Roast in the Crock Pot, with Sauerkraut, and then Mashed Taters on the side.
Yours is looking good already, Andrew!!

Bear

O
Nope, No Smoking allowed on New Year's Day, at the Bear's Den.
Mrs Bear has to have her Annual Pork Roast in the Crock Pot, with Sauerkraut, and then Mashed Taters on the side.
Yours is looking good already, Andrew!!

Bear
That’s a shame Bear. I attached some finished product pics. I’m loving this stick smoker, it gives a much smokier flavor and doesn’t dry the meat like my MES sometimes does. Happy New Year, I’m sure Mrs. Bear’s roast and kraut is plenty good too!

O

That’s a shame Bear. I attached some finished product pics. I’m loving this stick smoker, it gives a much smokier flavor and doesn’t dry the meat like my MES sometimes does. Happy New Year, I’m sure Mrs. Bear’s roast and kraut is plenty good too!

Finished Pics Look Great Too!!

Bear

Reactions: smoke signal
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky