• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New Year’s Day Pulled Pork

smoke signal

Formerly 'Ohio smoke daddy'
Joined Dec 23, 2013
Picked up a couple pork butts from Sam’s club for $1.98/lb. to pull some pork for tomorrow. Went in the smoker after work and should be ready for the wrap and stove by midnight. I can’t think of a better way to ring in the new year than tending a smoker. Anyone else cooking in the new year? Share in the comments below.

Attachments

Brokenhandle

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
Looking good! Not smoking anything tonight, but been busy making things for this weekend, couple Christmas get together s we couldn't have last week

Ryan

chopsaw

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
Yup . I always smoke something on New Years day . Doing PP. Also starting in the morning .
Supposed to get an 1/4 inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .

Last edited:

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Yup . I always smoke something on New Years day . Doing PP. Also starting in the morning .
Supposed to get an inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .
1/4 of inch here tomorrow.

smoke signal

Joined Dec 23, 2013
Supposed to get an 1/4 inch of ice tonight , so the MES 30 will get the call .
Just wrapped my piggies in a blanket and stuck them in a cooler. 14 hours to IT 195deg. Show pics if you can!

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
I wish I was smoking something today, but were eating leftover turkey from yesterday.
Al

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Nope, No Smoking allowed on New Year's Day, at the Bear's Den.
Mrs Bear has to have her Annual Pork Roast in the Crock Pot, with Sauerkraut, and then Mashed Taters on the side.
Yours is looking good already, Andrew!!

Bear

smoke signal

Joined Dec 23, 2013
O
Nope, No Smoking allowed on New Year's Day, at the Bear's Den.
Mrs Bear has to have her Annual Pork Roast in the Crock Pot, with Sauerkraut, and then Mashed Taters on the side.
Yours is looking good already, Andrew!!

Bear
That’s a shame Bear. I attached some finished product pics. I’m loving this stick smoker, it gives a much smokier flavor and doesn’t dry the meat like my MES sometimes does. Happy New Year, I’m sure Mrs. Bear’s roast and kraut is plenty good too!

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
O

That’s a shame Bear. I attached some finished product pics. I’m loving this stick smoker, it gives a much smokier flavor and doesn’t dry the meat like my MES sometimes does. Happy New Year, I’m sure Mrs. Bear’s roast and kraut is plenty good too!

Finished Pics Look Great Too!!

Bear

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.