New wood pellet grill made in USA

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ttkt57

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 18, 2014
Idaho
I retired this year, and when my old, cheap smoker rusted through on Thanksgiving day, my wife told me it was time I had a proper retirement gift.

Here's the first picture--grates seasoned and ready to go.

thumbnail_IMG_1980.jpg

Even the cover and accessory box are made in USA.

thumbnail_IMG_1975.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_1982.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: kruizer
The burn grate looks a lot like Yoder's, but it has more holes.

thumbnail_IMG_1983.jpg

The burn grate holder looks similar to Yoder's. Might be heavier.

thumbnail_IMG_1985.jpg

Auger is about six inches long with a sold rod all the way down the center. Igniter is not the new ceramic type. Pit still has factory metal shavings in it.

thumbnail_IMG_1987.jpg

The (seasoned) drip pan is bent to direct grease to the middle before it flows into the drain.

thumbnail_IMG_1991.jpg

We put it in my truck with a forklift. Now I need to find three friends to help me get it to my patio.

thumbnail_IMG_1989.jpg

CEO grew up in central Texas, majored in physics in college, moved up here for an engineering position. Bought out a local pellet grill company and designed a new elite line not for people coming to pellets from gas grills but for people coming from offset stick burners. Made it his goal to produce the best smoke flavor profile of any pellet grill available. I'm eager to taste something off this unit as soon as possible. Snow coming in this weekend though.

Reactions: flatbroke
No offense, but I haven’t seen any reason yet to sell my Yoder.
I guess I haven't spent enough time on social media to think a "no offense" needs to begin sentences that express preferences. We used to say "I'm a Chevy man" without saying, "No offense, but I'm a Chevy man." These days you can't say you prefer Wendy's to McDonald's without needing to say, "No offense, but . . ."

I'm a big boy. I come from a generation that could debate everything from Baptists' differences with Presbyterians to Democrats' differences with Republicans without having to say, "No offense." I miss those days.

Yoders are great. Enjoy!

Welded lid hinges. You can't adjust them, but then you never need to.

thumbnail_IMG_1993.jpg

I'm good with this thread,I deal with BS everyday I don't need it here especially the political/religious BS.Enjoy whatever your smoker is.

Reactions: ttkt57
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky