New Webber grill coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jcbigler, Apr 3, 2016.

1. jcbigler

jcbigler Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Looks like Webber is releasing a new grill on the 6th.

Been all over their Facebook page for a few weeks.

http://www.weber.com/grillofalifetime

Looks like it's going to be a kamado style smoker/grill type thing, based on this picture from their FB page:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
  2. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Yes but the words in the marketing I don't like much are "coming to Europe in the summer" !

3. smokinal

smokinal Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Be interesting to see what they come up with.

Al

4. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I've read a little about this on other BBQ forums. It's going to be a kamado style but not necessarily ceramic. So bigger sized bowl which allows a deflector for both grilling and smoking. Not sure of all the details but apparently the MSRP is around $1500. Oof. Haha I'll get one for a $100 on Craigslist 4-5 years from now if that's the case. I'm hoping for that price tag it's as big as the 26 kettle and has some other interesting features.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2016
    grillard likes this.
  5. jcbigler

jcbigler Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

6. wise guy

wise guy Newbie

I called Weber they told me $1500 with out the cart and $2000 with the cart. A little to pricey for me.

7. wade

wade Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Hmm - so that was what all the fuss was about. I must confess to being somewhat underwhelmed. I was expecting more - what more I don't know, but certainly more [​IMG]. "Coming to Europe in the summer" is now not so much of a let down after all.

grillard likes this.
  8. inkjunkie

inkjunkie Master of the Pit

"Air insulated between the 2 porcelain layers"....Won't be selling my Eggs anytime soon...

9. dward51

dward51 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

So if you have a WSM, a Summit S670 gasser, and a Weber Kettle, they expect us to abandon those for the new "do it all"?   I also see that it's a non-standard grate size for a Weber so none of the other accessories and mods people have accumulated will translate directly to the Summit charcoal.   I don't know if I would buy one even at half those prices.

I'm not all that impressed by this, and I'm a die hard Weber fan.

Although I will agree that an air insulation layer will solve the overshoot problem of a ceramic cooker. Once you get that ceramic mass over temp, it does not want to come down quickly. Air insulation should really address that.

Last edited: Apr 6, 2016
  10. worktogthr

worktogthr Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

I agree... In my opinion the ultimate grill that they could have released for that price would have been something that you can grill or smoke with using gas, charcoal, or pellets. Covers all your bases and probably something that could be possible. That kind of versatility plus Weber quality would make that price tag justifiable.

11. inkjunkie

inkjunkie Master of the Pit

You do know the simple solution to the Ceramic heats ink overshoot problem is....don't let it happen. This is the very reason why I use a controller....and don't keep the dome open for any length of time....