New Visitors to the Bear’s Den

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Bearcarver

Gone but not forgotten RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
Group Lead
Sep 12, 2009
Macungie, PA
New Visitors to the Bear’s Den

I had to show you guys these Pics!
I’ve showed you all a lot of Pics of the Deer who practically live in my yards, and the Huge Flocks of Wild Turkeys that stroll through frequently.
However other than the occasional lone Fox trotting through, we never had a whole Fox Family actually living here.

I think the Den is about 20 feet down a little path to the other side of a blow-down.
I can’t see the far side of the Blow-Down from my yard, and I’m not going in to look, because I don’t want to disturb them. We enjoy watching them.

They are easiest to see from our bedroom windows, which is where I took these Pictures from.

We used to see 2 adults now & then, but since the Pups started showing up, we never see both Adults with the Pups.
We don’t know if something happened to one of the adults, or if it’s normal for maybe the male to take off sometime after the Births.

The little guys are crazy, just like Fawns, as they sometimes run as fast as they can, back & forth, like they’re Nuts.
And sometimes one will just drop over & stretch out, and seems to be taking a nap, until the other one comes over & bugs him!! Then they chase each other around some more!
They really are fun to watch!!

I’m glad I got these Pics when I did, because we haven’t seen any of them for a few days now.
We used to see these 3 a few times a day, for a couple weeks, then all of a sudden they stopped showing up.

Enjoy The Pics!!!

Bear

Two Fox Pups. Note: Path into Blow-down on right end of picture:
IMG_5242.jpg

Mom & 2 Pups just laying around, enjoying the rare Sun, in Bear's Back Yard:
IMG_5260.jpg

Wait for us, Mom!!!
IMG_5261.jpg

Hmmm Why is this stone on the surface???
IMG_5262.jpg

Uh Oh---Somebody ran outta gas!!
IMG_5266.jpg

Thats cool to see the pups and mom out playing. I miss the wildlife up in Lehighton. Down here the critters want to sting you, bite you or eat you. :emoji_astonished:

Nice ! We have one red that runs thru here . Good size one too . Most are grey .
Those are some great pics . Thanks .

Wow, that is something special Bear! Just think, you've got all the fun and entertainment of having puppies, and you don't have to feed or clean up after them! RAY

Reactions: fullborebbq
Awesome pics bear, thanks for sharing! It's cool to be able to watch wildlife, being young and playful just adds to it!

Ryan

Great pics bear, I see quite a few fox around my house but I've never seen pup's. Thanks for sharing

Last edited:
funny you posted this bear, on my home from work today about a 1/2 mile from my house there was a state trooper in the middle of the road shooting into the woods when he was done shooting I asked him what he was shooting at he said a probable rabid fox he got a call on was acting funny and not afraid. he said he thinks he got it but I didn't hang around to find out. I have my rifle loaded just in case.

Love Those Pics, Nothing like watching little (and Big) critters come out of the woods

Gary

Those are amazing!! I bet they are a true joy to watch!! Love all the pics but especially the one where the one pup just pooped out and plopped over LOL.

Great pics John. Sure nice to have a whole family of critters living near your house. My guess is Papa Fox is spending a lot of time hunting.
I've never seen one single fox in the 13 years we've been living up here in the bush. Lots of cougars and wolves, but no foxes.
Gary

Won’t the foxes run off all the other wildlife? They’re known to to be very sly killers and become a nuisance. The older foxes could be brothers or sisters just babysitting while the parents are busy making more puppies. Sorry to spoil everyone’s Marlin Perkins moment but I’d run them off.

Reactions: forktender
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky