• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New UDS Member from Brazil - Photos and Help Request

sidneybbqbr

Joined Dec 25, 2019
Hello everyone, greetings directly from Brazil ...
I built my first UDS as photos below and already started my smoking tests ..
Already control temperature managing the air inlet and smoke exhaust;)

1) I ask for help on something that I doubt is the correct way to clean the drum after the smoking session, such as preventing it from forming rust and bottom corrosion ... I tried to burn with the torch to eliminate the rest of food that dripped (I used a drip tray and aluminum foil in the bottom), but even so, I noticed that the high torch temperature burned the outside and inside of the drum (I used 600 ° C - 1100 ° F ink)

2) Here in Brazil the culture of UDS practically does not exist, and I want to be the first to publicize this wonderful way to make BBQ in the backyard. Unfortunately what we have here are Pit Masters Egoists who only bother to sell their expensive courses without sharing any knowledge about temperatures, RUBS, MOPS, Coal Setup ... You from America share everything, so UDS culture is so strong out there ... Here in Brazil there are only very expensive Pit Smokers that cost the same as a new car, which is not for all pockets, so I want to be the pioneer of BBQ culture at UDS ...

3) I apologize for the long text, and the bad english, but the language of bbq lovers level

LET'S SMOKE THE WORLD !!!

Attachments

TNJAKE

Smoking Fanatic
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Welcome from Tennessee USA. Looks like you got it figured out to me. Nice looking smoker and food!

gmc2003

Legendary Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
Welcome to the site, glad to have ya join the fun. I wouldn't worry to much about cleaning it out after each cook. The build up helps preserve the drum and adds a little flavor to the cook. Outside of my grates, I don't think I've ever cleaned the inside of my WSM

Chris

chef jimmyj

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined May 12, 2011
Welcome to SMF. Anything you want to learn about can be found here. Try a Search using a keyword or two, like UDS Modifications. If you have Questions, post them. And post what you make like, your best Feijoada Recipe!...JJ

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Joined Oct 18, 2017
welcome! Your drum looks great! Ibhave had my drum for 7 years and all ive ver done to clean the inside is knock off some of the loose build up. That build up is a good thing. Iike others have said that will protect the inside from rust or corrosion. Happy smoking!

sidneybbqbr

Joined Dec 25, 2019
[QUOTE = "TNJAKE, post: 2034723, membro: 221449"]
Bem-vindo do Tennessee, EUA. Parece que você descobriu isso para mim. Nice fumante e comida!
[/CITAR]
Welcome from Tennessee USA. Looks like you got it figured out to me. Nice looking smoker and food!
thank you my friend

sidneybbqbr

Joined Dec 25, 2019
Welcome to the site, glad to have ya join the fun. I wouldn't worry to much about cleaning it out after each cook. The build up helps preserve the drum and adds a little flavor to the cook. Outside of my grates, I don't think I've ever cleaned the inside of my WSM

Chris
thanks for the help Chris, I will correct my route ...

sidneybbqbr

Joined Dec 25, 2019
Welcome to SMF. Anything you want to learn about can be found here. Try a Search using a keyword or two, like UDS Modifications. If you have Questions, post them. And post what you make like, your best Feijoada Recipe!...JJ
Thanks Jimmyj I appreciate your help and I hope to reach the level of helping others in this forum too

sidneybbqbr

Joined Dec 25, 2019
welcome! Your drum looks great! Ibhave had my drum for 7 years and all ive ver done to clean the inside is knock off some of the loose build up. That build up is a good thing. Iike others have said that will protect the inside from rust or corrosion. Happy smoking!
Brother, thanks for the tip, I was doing wrong, I've done four smoking sessions and always cleaned at the end ... I will repaint the bottom inside and out and correct the mistake, not cleaning anymore ... thank you man!

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
Welcome from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania!

As Sowsage Sowsage suggested. Don't be too concerned with buildup on the inside of the drum. If too much accumulates, just knock it off with a wire brush and dump or vacuum it out. Some buildup is actually good. . . Keeps the drum from rusting.

Actually it looks like you already know what you are doing!

Enjoy your new toy<

John

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.