New to the smoking world, Smoking food that IS!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

katywoodworker

Original poster
Nov 23, 2016
I live in the country of Texas, just outside the metropolitan city of Houston, in the rural area of Fort Bend County.

My wife lets me play with wood and eat food as I am on a diet, the famous SeeFood diet.

Never smoked before but being that I have retired 8 years ago, I figure I could now be productive and work harder on my diet.

So I am looking at the ideas, issues, suggestions, and comments of posters concerning building my own smoker. 

My guess on making a smoker is to go with a propane fired cold / hot smoker sized about 36"x 36" x 60" box with two doors.

The average outside temperature range with the lows in the 40s during the winter and the highs in the 90s during the summer.

I turn blue when it is in the 40s outside so no smoking during cold weather.

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from a cool crisp day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great              people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky