New to the forums

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

nakom

Fire Starter
Original poster
Oct 7, 2010
Fayetteville TN
Hey everyone just droping by to say HI and compliment everyone on a great site.  I have been smoking ribs and brisket for awhile and want to learn how to do bacon and ham and that is how I found this great site.  I have already learned a few things I have been doing wrong that I am sure will improve my meat.

Nick

Nick welcome to SMF glad you joined us, You'll find lots of bacon makers around here as well as some that do hams, You can also ask questions around here and people will be happy to try to answer them for you. Have fun

Last edited:
Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Hi Nick, Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Hey Nick,

Just wanted to say hello and welcome aboard!  You said it right when you said this is a great site. Since you have experience smoking ribs, I'd sure love some of your feedback and tips (ribs are a favorite of mine).

So Nick, where are you from? I can't seem to place your accent.

Brad
icon_cool.gif

howdy Nick,

welcome to the SMF family!!!

Nick, the SMF welcomes you. Don't be afraid to ask any questions, we have friendly members who like to share good times. It's all good my friend.

Welcome to the anorexic support group.If you were not hungry before hand you soon will be,lol.just kidding.....welcome aboard

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I have signed up for the ecourse but havent recieved the email yet.  This site sure does make you hungry.  lol  I am from Michigan, live in TN south of Nashville about 1 hour and work in Huntsville AL.  I am waiting for the A-MAZE-N-SMOKER   cant wait for it to get here.  My wife said my buddies ribs were better than mine so I have to step it up some!

Nick

icon_cool.gif

First off Welcome Nick to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction      

Welcome Nick from another southerner (even if you are a transplant)! This is a nice place to learn some new tips and tricks and have a laugh or two!

So Nick, which A-MAZE-N-SMOKER did you buy? The 6x6 or the 6x8?

I was looking at getting one of those too... some times I would like to grill some steaks and I figured maybe I could just put the A-maze-n-smoker under the burners and let the smoke do its thing while I grill... I know there won't be much infusion but I figure some will be better than nothing (I could be really off track on this - feel free people to show me the errors of my ways - remember I'm new to this whole thing).

Brad

I got the 6x8 AMS, I wanted the option for longer smoke times.  I figured I could always stop the thing smoking rather than refilling it.  I did sign up for the ecourse but never got it in the mail and I checked my spam filter it wasnt there either.  I will try again later this week.

Nick

Will do and I agree the ecourse is great it helped me out on a few things I didnt know and have wondered about.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky