New to the forums... Houston based smoker guy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

reardenreturns

Smoke Blower
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Mar 1, 2011
Houston, Republic of Texas
Hey All,

Been using the site here for awhile in aid of my smoking conquests, so thought I'd join up. Now that the summer is coming on, at least here in Houston, the smoker is getting a lot of use. I've competed in on BBQ cookoff so far, but looking forward to my next ones coming up. I'm big on ribs, love pulled pork, and brisket is like little slices of heaven. Look forward to the great advice, critiques and recipes for y'all.

This is my smoker. A New Braunfels Super Longhorn Deluxe. I modded it with a custom charcoal basket (see bottom pic) made by Klose BBQ Pits here in Houston.

23756abb_Smoker.jpg

b2810441_basket.jpg

Welcome from Spring Texas!!  What part of Houston are you from just in case I see smoke I won't call the fire department.

[quote name="ECTO1" url="/forum/thread/104004/new-to-the-forums-houston-based-smoker-guy#post_601340"]
Welcome from Spring Texas!!  What part of Houston are you from just in case I see smoke I won't call the fire department.
[/quote]

ECTO1, I'm down in the city, literally 1/4 mi. from downtown on Memorial.

Thanks for all the welcome's guys! Thumbs Up

Welcome to SMF - man that is a nice looking rig you got there - both the smoker and the car

Glad to have you here

Welcome to the site! That is one fine looking smoker you have there. I want one.. Now let's see some q come out of that thing.

[quote name="Scarbelly" url="/forum/thread/104004/new-to-the-forums-houston-based-smoker-guy#post_601403"]
Welcome to SMF - man that is a nice looking rig you got there - both the smoker and the car

Glad to have you here
[/quote]

Thanks! That's the wife's Q7.. mine is below..

Welcome to SMF, Glad to have you with us.

This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For those of you new to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.

Click Here it's "FREE" ... 5 Day eCourseE

Welcome to the SMF. Glad to have you here. Lots of good folks, great recipes and knowledge. Looking forward to your first qview. Only one needs a smog.....
icon_smile.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky