New to the forum world

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rkwalt

Original poster
Mar 7, 2012
Cadott WI
Hello all!  Not only am I new to the forum world I am some what new to smoking.  I have smoked approx 40lbs of bacon and several home grown chickens thus far and am about to attempt to smoke a combination of venison/prok ring bologna, beef summer sausage and beef snack sticks.  I am looking forward to any helpful hints anyone would be interested in giving me on my new hobby!   

Yes welcome to the addiction!!! I love smoking on my 4 day week-ends don't acomplish much else.....oh well summer is on the way we will be fishing then in beautiful Ely,Mn "The Coolest Small Town In America" and catching fresh rainbow trout to put on the smoker!!

Nice choices of meat products! You're a step ahead of the game since you've joined here, trust me! Make sure to document your processes so you can replicate them another time.

Been smoking meats and fish for several years but on and off during seasons. Nothing to serious, i have acquired some good techniques but am no where; where I would like to be. I am raising my own natural grass fed highlands and will have my own hogs this summer.  I like wild game birds mostly and would like as many tips as possible in this area. I currently have a average size smoker (purchased). But am in the middle of making two others one strictly for fish and the other for meats and foul.  I am looking forward to being on this site often!  I will be smoking lake sturgeon and trout this year again aggressively any ideas?

Hello and 
welcome1.gif
 to SMF - looking forward to seeing your posts

icon_cool.gif

First off welcome to SMF. Now you'll love this place cause there are alot of really good folks here that are more then will to help you with just about anything to do with smoking meat. You will find alot of new recipes and techquics to go along with it. With that said:

Welcome To Your New Addiction

Great fishing in that area. My trip to WI last November was pretty fun. I was straight East of that location.  I smoke a lot of 3-6 lb rainbow trout in CO if you're looking for some recipes.

70aad48c_Picture27.png

welcome1.gif
 to SMF. You have come to the right place for smoking info. This site is loaded with great info just use the search bar at top of page to find what you are looking for. If you can't locate the answer just ask folks here are willing to share there knowledge. I suggest you take  the 5 day e-course on smoking its chuck full of great info.Smoking  5-Day e-Course  

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky