new to the forum OK with chicken but beef has been a difficulty for me, Pork is marginal.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

uhftx

Original poster
Jul 31, 2016
I was gifted a previously enjoyed few year old electric masterbuilt electric smoker.  It has the glass doors but the racks are somewhat week in comparison to a grill or oven.  Are there stronger and better chrome plated ones available.  What about standard enameled steel?

I have owned this for about a year.  MY wife only enjoy's the chicken.  Everything else is hit or miss.  I've tried ribs and they come out OK for me but not for her.  She isn't a fan of ribs to begin with.  SO I'm looking to perfect the  art of this craft some of you have mastered and I want to learn.

I'll be browsing the board and trying new and different things.  Some of the things I've tried in the past on the web have given me a Tumbs or rollaids night.  Trying to smooth out the technique and looking for that mouth watering  flavor with out over dooing it?

Any pointers and direction that can be provided by you folks would be much appreciated.

Southern NH in the 603 Nashua, Manchester area.

My real name is Chris

Thanks to this web site, I hope to learn, Teach and old dog new tricks as they say.  

welcome1.gif
  to SMF!

Glad to have you aboard!

Al

Welcome...Be as specific as possible when desribing an issue. " My Pork Butts are too...Tough, Smokey, Mushy, Dry, Wet, Too much Bark, Not enough Bark, Too Spicy, Too Salty, Etc..." There is not a problem we can't fix and with the Guys here, you may get 50 ways to Skin that Cat!...JJ

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another sunny and hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.  

What Chef Jimmy said

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky