New to smoking in North California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

dedkot

Original poster
Oct 25, 2020
Hello everyone,
I just recently purchased a new Masterbuilt 30. I was planning on building a cinder block smoker until I found out bass pro shop sold electric smokers. So before I went on a building spree, I wanted to see if I would like it first. I love it ! I did my first pork butt the day after purchasing the smoker. Did some baby back ribs, then some spare ribs. I have only owned a smoker for a week lol. I'm staying up late to put on my second pork butt at midnight tonight.
20201024_223534.jpg
The brisket will be smoked in a few days!

Welcome , lotta great food comes off of a electric smoker, you need to get a amps tray or a tube so you can run smoke easier, the chip reloaders need replenished every 45-60 minutes but the tube and tray will run 4+ hours , the tubes were sold at Walmart but they have been pulling stuff to put out Christmas stuff so may be hard to pu local.

Welcome , lotta great food comes off of a electric smoker, you need to get a amps tray or a tube so you can run smoke easier, the chip reloaders need replenished every 45-60 minutes but the tube and tray will run 4+ hours , the tubes were sold at Walmart but they have been pulling stuff to put out Christmas stuff so may be hard to pu local.

Thanks Mike, I did do some reading before hand and I picked up a A-maze-N tube from bass pro when I purchased the smoker. I ready for some sleep now, I have had the smoker going for an hour and its seems to be settling in at temp.. I'm using a mix of hickory and apple pellets in the tube now.

Welcome dedkot dedkot It seems that you make have a addiction. There will be no interventions here, only enabling. Keep the smoke rolling!
Jim

Welcome from Iowa! Welcome to the addiction...don't forget pics!

Ryan

Welcome to the forums, happy to have ya join the fun.

Chris

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. Just pick up a Mes 40 gen 2/with remote off craigslist for $60 this morning.. The guy said he used it once and its been sitting in his garage since 2016. My wife asked if I really needed a 2nd smoker lol. I might try modded this one with the PID upgrade but it's in such nice shape, I'm not sure.

Pork butt took 13 hours to hit 205*.. I don't know much about smoking yet but I do know this tasted great!! Some how 5 of my son's friends happen to be at the house at dinner time. How does that work? lol

20201025_173027.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky