New to smoking and new owner of a Masterbuilt 30 electric smoker

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

yaking4redfish

Original poster
Nov 8, 2013
Columbia SC
New to smoking meat and using a smoker from SC.....just seasoned my Masterbuilt 30 smoker ....looking for a good place to find cook times, internal meat target temps, and time for various meats.....interested in briskets, pork lion, ribs, boston butts, ham, fish, and chicken.

Well you found the right place.... There are alot of MES30 users here. Whatever your question try the search engine, it is cram-packed full of all kinds of info. So be specific. AND there is Q-View which is a nice way to say pictures! No, there are no staple in navel shots but lots of pretty food and smokers.

If ya need more expert help, looks for one of the Guru's, they have tags under their name saying either Moderator or OTBS. These guys know their stuff. The rest of us chime in just because we like to talk about smoking.

More folks will be around here soon to properly intorduce ya to the site and get you more familiar with how to best use its resources.

My suggestion, its use a notebook, dedicated to your smokes, much like a snipers kill book. Keeep what you did, when you did it, how you did it, what you accomplished and what you didn't. That way the enext time you'll remember what you did and what you'f like to change. below is some good ideas of what you'd what to know, use some or all, make it fit your needs.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/attachments/3

Good luck, these are great folks, and you are going to be happy you dropped by.

Remember no stress, and enjoy that smoke.

Welcome to the forums!  You've found the best place I know for sharing ideas on smoking, grilling, curing, etc.  There are lots of friendly and knowledgeable folks here who genuinely enjoy helping one another.  Looking forward to your input, and just ask when you need anything...someone here will surely have the answer.

Red

Welcome

I've been a member for a few years.  Mostly lurking, but my wife surprised me for my birthday and ordered a MES30 (no window version).  Should be here early next week.  I'm anxious to try a turkey for Thanksgiving on this badboy.

Welcome from Canada.

canada-flag-68.gif

This is a great forum. I started smoking last year and this forum has been so helpful. There is a ton of great information in the posts and generous members who always willing to help.

I look forward to your posts!

Disco

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything   ......... 
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Hi,

received my MES last week and can't wait to season it tomorrow. lots of great tips, ideas and debates on this forum. I look forward to using this SSG (smoking support group) to help me go from novice to rookie, to pro. Ill be sure to report back questions, and experiences. Thanks for your help in advance.

Hey

Welcome to the Smoking  forum.   You’ll find great , friendly people here, all more than willing to answer any question you may have.  Just ask and you’ll get about 10 different answers—all right.  LOL.   Don’t forget to post qviews.

Gary

Thank you for that idea of keeping notes. Thats a great idea to remember what worked, times, temps etc...

BBQ Diary. I love that...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky