New to SMF!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

againstben

Original poster
Jul 22, 2015
Jacksonville Florida
I reside in Jacksonville, Florida. I just got my first ever smoker a few weeks ago as a birthday present. My fiancé bought me the Mastserbuilt Pro 2 door dual fuel smoker. I have already used it twice and loved every second of the experience. The set up was a breeze and it was very easy to use. Before my first smoke I spent some time reading this forum. Cast iron skillet and wood chunks seem to work best. The first smoke I went with chips and I'll never use them again. Keeping low temps are a problem though. My first smoke it stayed on average between 300-350. The second time it was between 250-300. Much better. Not sure if the chunks instead of chips have anything to do with that... Any advice out there for getting to that sweet spot of 225 or so?

This was my first go at a brisket. It turned out ok for a newbie. I should've taken it off sooner. It wasn't as tender as I wanted it to be. Great flavor tho.

This was my first Boston butt and I also have smoked another one since. Both turned out amazing. Extremely happy with the results.

Last edited:
texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from another hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky