New to site.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

a basham

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 11, 2012
Morenci Arizona
Howdy,

I have been checking out this site for about 2 years and have got ALOT of info. I guess its time to finally get off my lazy tail and say hi. I have been smoking many diffent ways most of my life, im 37. From grand dads smoke shed to the old mans fridge. One time even in a cardboard box (mom wanted to try doin cheese). Any way grand dad has been gone for alomost 30 years and his hobby kinda disapperd in the faminly and i was to young to remember how he did all the solomi and bacon so im restarting the family tradition. I have been running with the little wally world grill / smoker for years till i found an old GE 1955 (from what i gather) fridge behind a buddy of mine barn he just bought. My boy and I have been working on it for about 3 weeks and now thats all he wants to talk about pretty cool for an 11 year old I think. Well last night finally we got her to make smoke and my boy was amazed at what we done!!. I'll get some pics up ASAP!! Im pretty excited too. Im gonna do a few test runs on the next days off then its off to getting the pork belly cured!! I am hooked on SMF and look forward to learning more and heck maybe even putting up some of my ideas and recipes...............

Glad you joined the group. The search bar at the top of any page is your best friend.
About anything you wanna know about smoking/grilling/curing/brining/cutting or slicing
and the list goes on has probably been posted. Remember to post a QVIEW of your smokes.
We are all smoke junkies here and we have to get our fix. If you have questions Post it
and you will probably get 10 replies with 11 different answers. That is because their
are so many different ways to make great Q We all have our own taste.

Happy smoken.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky