New to me 26” Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
First cook on the 26” was a success. Tender thighs with crispy skin. 😀
400* with 4 small chunks of pecan for 1 .25 hours.
E4D2FF0E-6D34-42B4-8735-80C86DE8D5CC.jpeg

8D03051F-0284-4F26-AD64-9966EA3AE4F2.jpeg

Johnny Ray

Jealous I want a 26, but cannot justify the price.
I got my 22 free off the curb. A little clean up, new charcoal grate and cooking grate as good to go.
I had to get Weber fuel grate, but cook grate was under $10 for Menards generic.
Did score the tool hook handle for $1 at Lowes

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Thank you. Your buddy can’t go wrong with the Weber 26. It’s size is really impressive.

JR
I think he’ll be going with the 22. He's been living the condo lifestyle for the last 15 years so it’s his first venture into charcoal anything. He wants something that is versatile and can be used to both grill and smoke, but is also budget friendly in case he doesn't quite catch the bug like most of us here. His own research lead him to the Weber Kettle, and it is hard to do anything but agree with his rationale.

Reactions: Johnny Ray
Great score, I love my 22 Master Touch, but ever once in a while I do a cook where I think I could really use a 26. Last night was one of them. I keep an eye out on marketplace and offer up around me and I have only seen a half dozen 26 come up over the last two years and never under $275. I can't wait to see the 22 in restore!

Nice score Johnny!
I would love to have a 26, that’s a big jump from a 22. I wish they would make a 26” WSM.
Al

Jealous I want a 26, but cannot justify the price.
I got my 22 free off the curb. A little clean up, new charcoal grate and cooking grate as good to go.
I had to get Weber fuel grate, but cook grate was under $10 for Menards generic.
Did score the tool hook handle for $1 at Lowes
Nice! I bought a new cooking grate but already had the charcoal grate. I’ve got to get a temp gage.
I think he’ll be going with the 22. He's been living the condo lifestyle for the last 15 years so it’s his first venture into charcoal anything. He wants something that is versatile and can be used to both grill and smoke, but is also budget friendly in case he doesn't quite catch the bug like most of us here. His own research lead him to the Weber Kettle, and it is hard to do anything but agree with his rationale.
I think he’s made a great choice!
Great score, I love my 22 Master Touch, but ever once in a while I do a cook where I think I could really use a 26. Last night was one of them. I keep an eye out on marketplace and offer up around me and I have only seen a half dozen 26 come up over the last two years and never under $275. I can't wait to see the 22 in restore!
They are really hard to fine at a good price. Working on the 22” now. She’ll be ready soon.
Nice score Johnny!
I would love to have a 26, that’s a big jump from a 22. I wish they would make a 26” WSM.
Al
A 26” WSM would be off-da-charts!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky