New to me 26” Weber Kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Johnny Ray

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 22, 2019
Western, KY
Saw this like new 26” Weber Kettle on Marketplace a few days ago. Picked it up this morning for $140. 😀
She cleaned up nicely. Still need to clean the cooking grate.
77EE3442-BA9C-4747-AF19-628E67590D63.jpeg

E57AAF2E-A41B-4F12-B758-14FAAD98C8D7.jpeg

1E95C6DC-00C8-4C1C-8B03-01FC41AA7C5D.jpeg

I think I got a pretty good deal. However, to make it even better the guy gave me this 22” Kettle for free. She’s a little rough but I’m sure I can bring her back to her original glory with a little elbow grease.
2BF12186-853E-49C4-86B2-443E9DA83325.jpeg

I now have a 26”, 22” and a 18” Jumbo Joe.
Can’t wait to get to kettleing. Lol

Johnny Ray

Nice find and it looks good

Jackpot. I got a 22” performer from the curb once and brought it back to life. The house was moving, all it needed was a new ash scrapper (I replaced the cooking grate just for peace of mind)

Wow you scored. Congratulations. I have wanted a 26 for a few years

Reactions: Mike R.
Nice score!
Thanks SHS. It pays to be patient.
Nice find and it looks good
Thanks Piney.
People go to jail for things like that.:emoji_laughing: very nice score.
Lol. I didn’t feel guilty though. 😀
Jackpot. I got a 22” performer from the curb once and brought it back to life. The house was moving, all it needed was a new ash scrapper (I replaced the cooking grate just for peace of mind)
Nice. The 22 will definitely need a cooking grate and charcoal grate.
Heck yes, great score!

Ryan
Thanks Ryan!

Great Score Johnny! I'm sure you'll have that second one looking as good too.

Great score!! Both my smokers were used scores. Love letting someone else take the retail price hit.

Great Score Johnny! I'm sure you'll have that second one looking as good too.
Thank you. I’ll work on the 22 when I get back from my AK trike trip next week. She’ll be good as new.
Great score!! Both my smokers were used scores. Love letting someone else take the retail price hit.
Thank you. I struggle passing up great deals. I agree, the retail price hits are going to get even harder over the coming months I believe.
What ! He didn't give you a cover ???
You're gonna love that .
Lol. It’ll stay inside but a cover would have been nice. 😀
Great find, but way too clean, dirty that sucker up a bit! RAY
Thanks. Got some thighs and legs to try this afternoon. Hopefully.
What’s say we get it dirty? What is the first cook?
Hope to get some smoke rolling on some chicken parts this afternoon.

Johnny Ray

That's a heck of a deal. I'd like a 26", but not enough to spend that much money on a new one when I already have a pair of 22". But for that price and condition, I'd have been all over that.

As for the old 22", all the replacement parts are available and they can be brought back to "like new" condition and provide years of service.

That's a heck of a deal. I'd like a 26", but not enough to spend that much money on a new one when I already have a pair of 22". But for that price and condition, I'd have been all over that.

As for the old 22", all the replacement parts are available and they can be brought back to "like new" condition and provide years of service.
Thank Gonnasmoke. This one was originally posted for $200 then dropped to $175 then dropped to $150. I offered $125 and we settled on the $140. I really didn’t “need” another cooker but couldn’t pass it up.
I plan to purchase new grates and ash catcher for the 22”. It’s been neglected but it’s certainly worth restoring.

Johnny Ray

Really good deal. My buddy is getting into the smoking game and about to buy a Weber kettle. 26” are going for well over $300 new right now, and the one you picked up hasn’t even stretched its legs yet!

Reactions: Mike R.
Really good deal. My buddy is getting into the smoking game and about to buy a Weber kettle. 26” are going for well over $300 new right now, and the one you picked up hasn’t even stretched its legs yet!
Thank you. Your buddy can’t go wrong with the Weber 26. It’s size is really impressive.

JR

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky