• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New to forum

ocampo

Joined Jan 1, 2017
Just got a Oklahoma Joe smoker. Texas here. BBQ country. Any tips on best way to season this smoker? Always looking for ideas and recipes especially rubs.

mike5051

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 7, 2015
Welcome to the site!  Not familiar with seasoning your smoker other then getting it hot and burning off any stuff that don't taste good.

Mike

bladeguy

Meat Mopper
Joined Nov 23, 2016
My Smoke Vault required seasoning, just get it good and hot once. I put some hickory wood in it too, just to get it smoky in there! Have a lot of fun with it!

Almost forgot.....WELCOME!

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Welcome to SMF!

To season your OK Joe, I would spray the inside with Pam or any vegetable oil.

Fire it up & run it at 300 for a couple of hours with any wood you choose.

Al

gary s

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 6, 2011
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a cloudy and windy day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web. Lots of        great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Gary

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.