New to Forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rick53

Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
Howdy Everyone!

I am living in Georgia, retired and wanting to get into smoking more.  I have done cold smoke as well, and want to try more of that.  We have room on our property to eventually build a small smoke house.  I am looking forward to this forum to learn form everyone!

Thanks SmokeyMose,
Do you have a cold smoke setup currently?
I have very limited exposure to cold smoking, was a few years ago when i was working up in Virginia. Got to work with Smithfiled Hams as part of a 4H extension project and followed their process for a Smithfield Ham, which is not quite like a country ham; takes at least 6 months to age, and its a lot saltier tasting, needs to be boiled before eating, etc. I also spent 7 years in Alaska, and used a little smoker to do all my fish.
Now that I am retired and have some time on my hands, i really want to get into smoking, and trying to set things up right.

Sounds like you're way ahead of me, Rick! I only recently got into sausage making, have only made fresh, and have been researching "cold" smoking as something to get me through the winter (I don't relish hanging out on the patio minding the gasser in the cold).
Sounds like you have some welcome experience which will be appreciated around here!

Welcome to SMF you ill find a lot of help and information  here check around the sight or just ask questions help is here enjoy

texas.gif
  Good evening and welcome to the forum, from a really nice, sunny day here in East Texas. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything. 

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky