Newbie here, from South Louisiana.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The wife is from Zwolle on the shore of Toledo Bend .......... Home of the Zwolle Tamale festival.
Go there often, sister and BNL had camp there. Now I go to fish with neighbor, camp is 1 mile from Bub Ts tamale shop, currently have 3 dozen in freezer! Love em'. Sad to say, I've only passed through Kentucky for work, beautiful state.
If your wife still has her mom's tamale recipe, I'd be happy to trade any recipe I've got for it.

Reactions: indaswamp and DougE
Are you referring to Ron Guidry(Louisiana Lighting)
70/80s pitcher for the Yankees?
The one and only. I've been a big Yankee fan my whole life, and I believe he was from the Layafette area.

Chris

Go there often, sister and BNL had camp there. Now I go to fish with neighbor, camp is 1 mile from Bub Ts tamale shop, currently have 3 dozen in freezer! Love em'. Sad to say, I've only passed through Kentucky for work, beautiful state.
If your wife still has her mom's tamale recipe, I'd be happy to trade any recipe I've got for it.
I have one from her aunt I can give you.

Reactions: indaswamp
Hello from Louisiana. New to forum, excited to learn new things and how everyone drives their smokers.
I've been smoking for about 5years, but still use a charcoal pit with fire box. Too much work! Getting material together to build a bigger more user friendly model.
You folks have some Awesome smokers!
Welcome, From SE Florida.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky