New to forum/Leg Roast/"Fresh Ham"

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

cactus

Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Hi, I look forward to sharing and discussing with yall! I dont often get to use my smoker, but every once in awhile. I found this site while looking for ideas on what to do with an impulse buy....22# Fresh Ham (it was labeled that)/Pork Leg. I do believe both those descriptions fit work. Not having a pump or time to cure it into a ham without a pump. I have decided to do a simple brine, and smoke it. My goal is to create a Pig Leg Roast, and then smoke that roast. I hope to achieve a tender juicy slicing (vs. pulled) piece of meat.
So glad to share...I will post more about this in a pig forum thread

With a fresh ham you will get the same results as a shoulder or butt. Procedures will be the same as well. cook to 160° for slicing.

22#'s is big cut(been there done that) But they are just as good as the rest.

Did you you have any questions?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky