New to forum from SoCal

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigjeffm

Original poster
Aug 7, 2017
SoCal
Hi everyone, Jeff from sunny SoCal.

I got a WSM 22" smoker for Christmas last year and have been slowly trying out new things to smoke, different types of wood and smoker modifications. My cousin Matt turned me onto this site and has been doing some good smoking.

I installed the Cajun Bandit stainless steel door on my WSM and also use their high capacity water pan.

So far I've done two Boston Butts, a brisket, tri-tip, and baby back ribs. I've found that the setup with my WSM takes longer at 225 (Maverick ET-733 thermometer) to cook meat than the average times posted online for cuts of meat. I'm guessing this is just the meat working through the stall and something I will have to adjust as I get more cooks under my belt.

Using Kingsford blue briquettes and mixing in different types of wood chunks based on what I am cooking. 

I just bought a whole packer brisket right under 10 lbs and am going to do an overnight smoke with oak chunks. I'll wrap it once I see it has a decent bark at around 160 degrees in pink butcher paper and see if I can get it to 200+ before I let it rest.

Looking forward to good conversation and even better food!

Reactions: noboundaries
Great looking brisket! 
points1.png

texas.gif
  Good afternoon and welcome to the forum from a pretty nice hot day here in East Texas, and the best site on the web.

Lots of great people with tons of information on just about everything.

Nice !!   Looks Great

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky