New Styles and Color Options (Layouts) for SMF

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

TulsaJeff

Smoke Whisperer
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
Jun 28, 2005
Tulsa, OK
I have created a couple of new layouts for SMF and made them available for all users.

Nothing changes as far as content.. however, things like buttons, navigation and colors may look a little different.

Here's the (2) new themes:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 4.33.47 PM.png
Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 4.34.14 PM.png

You can switch themes at any time and, of course, if you like the current layout, color, etc. then don't change anything.

To try out a new theme:

Scroll to the bottom of your browser and look for the theme toggle in the footer.

On desktop, it'll look like this:

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 4.38.27 PM.png

On mobile..
IMG_8F68090BBF5F-1 2.jpeg

Click on that then select the theme you want to try.. Orange or Brown:

Note: SMF is the current default theme we've been using for a long time.

Screenshot 2022-09-30 at 4.43.39 PM.png

Let me know what you think!

I like it good job of giving some choices

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Wow, that’s nice for people to have a choice. I have no problem with current layout but may wish to change from time to time.

Than you Jeff.

Reactions: TulsaJeff
Those look good, nothing wrong with choices.

I'll take this moment to say,
"I prefer the original carousel style."
The new one just feels like clutter to me.
But I can live with it, just like I do my kid's rooms.
The new styles we have created are running the basic carousel at the top… Not the grid.

Sounds like you’ll be happy about that 😊

The original plan was to use the carousel slider on mobile and the grid on desktop but the code just started getting messy.

I do like the return to scrolling feature for sure with the new layouts. I feel like the font of thread titles and desc are smaller on the new ones?

I do like the return to scrolling feature for sure with the new layouts. I feel like the font of thread titles and desc are smaller on the new ones?
The titles are quite a bit smaller in the new styles to help things fit better and more cleanly. Maybe I need to create a style with larger font for the old guys with bad eyes (that's me for sure🤣)

Thanks for all the hard work , and I do like the sliding carousel, and I am in the old eye category, lol

Thanks

David

Replying to my own post here ,

Update for me , I keep going back and forth.

I guess I like the SMF format as I find it easier to read and larger on my page, but wish it had the Carousel.

But that is me , old and set in my ways, but I do adapt

David

I like the new themes, am using brown. Larger fonts would be good for us older eye site issue people. Another way to save a little space might be for people who are Lifetime Premier and SMF Premier to only show Lifetime Premier.

I have created a couple of new layouts for SMF and made them available for all users.

Nothing changes as far as content.. however, things like buttons, navigation and colors may look a little different.

Here's the (2) new themes:

View attachment 644761 View attachment 644762

You can switch themes at any time and, of course, if you like the current layout, color, etc. then don't change anything.

To try out a new theme:

Scroll to the bottom of your browser and look for the theme toggle in the footer.

On desktop, it'll look like this:

View attachment 644758

On mobile..
View attachment 644759

Click on that then select the theme you want to try.. Orange or Brown:

Note: SMF is the current default theme we've been using for a long time.

View attachment 644760

Let me know what you think!
I tried the new formats. I like the feel. One possible issue to check is the search icon does not seem to work in the new format.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky