1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New smoker

Discussion in 'Charcoal Smokers' started by laughingpanther, May 17, 2018.

1. Got a new smoker yesterday. It's a Kingsford Sierra barrel smoker. I chose it because of its capacity. Might have to get a wood stove gasket kit for it. How do you upload pictures on this site?

2. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

Click on the red “upload a file” button directly underneath the red “post reply” button.

3. bluewhisper

bluewhisper Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Welcome to the board! Jump in and ask questions, we will be happy to help.

4. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Congratulations on the new smoker.

To upload pictures from a computer I just drag the pictures from the computer over to the thread I'm creating. Then you will have a choice to add fullsize, thumbnail or delete the picture.

Chris

5. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Welcome aboard!
    Glad to have you join the group!
    Al

6. I'm seasoning the smoker now. I read some negative reviews of how it holds temperature, but it's holding temperature just fine. I guess a Kingsford is hit and miss in quality. It does need a wood stove gasket kit to seal up a few places, won't last as long as a thicker smoker, but for $159.99, I can't complain.