New smoker on the way!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's just rotten! Sorry for your bad luck. Perhaps you can get one day shipping replacement now?

Who knows. I had this happen several years ago when I ordered my MES 30 and it came damaged. They sent me an RMA number, I had to ship it back, then once they got it back they sent the replacement, which was also damaged and I had to go through it all again. I'm assuming I will have to deal with the same for this, but HOPEFULLY the replacement is not also damaged.

What I am REALLY hoping is the Weber steps up and sends me a new barrel so i don't need to go through all of that with Amazon. Time will tell....

When a return situation happened to me like that once on Amazon and I was in a hurry, I just ordered a new one, and referenced the replacement order with the RMA, and was credited once the damaged one got returned. You can do the same. If for some reason they send you a new one again, just send that one back too for a full refund.

Reactions: Winterrider
When a return situation happened to me like that once on Amazon and I was in a hurry, I just ordered a new one, and referenced the replacement order with the RMA, and was credited once the damaged one got returned. You can do the same. If for some reason they send you a new one again, just send that one back too for a full refund.

That's a good point. I still need to wait for Weber's response, but If they force me to go back to Amazon, I will try doing it that way.

I have shopped a lot with Amazon and have had multiple scenarios similar to yours. I have found their customer service to be stellar. I would recommend getting on Amazon Customer serviceChat telling them that you would what happened and asking for a new one to be shipped right away for next day delivery. I believe based on my experience there is almost 100% chance they will do that

Well that stinks to all high heaven. I've never had to deal with Webers customer service(knock on wood), but from what I've read from other folks is that they usually don't make you send the damaged parts back. They send out a replacement part and you keep the damaged one. I hope they haven't changed their policies, because their CS has always been held in high regard. When I got my WSM I ordered it from Lowes and had it shipped to store. When I picked it up - I opened it up in the store to make sure everything was in good shape. I had the 26" kettle shipped to the house, and saw the way the FEDex guy was handling the box. One of the corners was crushed and there was a hole in the side. Luckily the kettle was still in pristine shape. I think @chopsaw had damage to the lid on his 26" maybe he'll chime in on how Weber handled his situation.

Chris

So I heard back from Weber and I'm happy to say that they stepped up and are sending me a new mid section so I won't have to deal with Amazon. Now I'm just hoping it gets here quickly and that the replacement is not damaged in shipping.

They did not mention anything about needing to return the original mid section, but I think I will still hold off from using it until I have the new one because I don't want to deal with trying to dis-assemble and re-assemble all the parts which may be sticky from having smoke residue all over it. It is usable though, I would just need to massage the lid into place.

The good news is I can try doing some low and slow smoking this weekend on the new 22" kettle I also just got. I did some burgers on it last night for it's maiden voyage and they came out great. We'll see how it does this weekend with some ribs and maybe a pork tenderloin on Saturday, and a whole chicken on Sunday.

Sweet! Great backing by Weber! The smoking gods are with you!
So what are you going to do with the damaged one? Curious if it will also fit on your 22" Kettle, no? Perhaps convert with rotisserie?

Sweet! Great backing by Weber! The smoking gods are with you!
So what are you going to do with the damaged one? Curious if it will also fit on your 22" Kettle, no? Perhaps convert with rotisserie?

I'm honestly not sure what I'm going to do with the damaged one yet. Ultimately, time will tell, but at least for now it will sit in my garage.

Update - I just got the email notification that the new mid section has shipped, and I have to say I am blown away. Scheduled delivery is Friday Oct 18th by 8:00PM. That's tomorrow! Not only did they take care of it and agree to ship a replacement, they shipped it out before the end of the same day the CS call was put in, AND they shipped it next day air. I have to say I am truly impressed.

The only negative I have to say is the CS agent I spoke with this morning was pretty rude in how she spoke to me as she was a little condescending, but they took care of it and that is the important part so all in all a very good experience, and the best part, I will be able to use my new cooker this weekend after all!

Now just keeping my fingers crossed that it does show up on time tomorrow, and UNDAMAGED (I don't have a lot of faith in UPS or FedEx when it comes to large packages containing anything with bendable metal).

Reactions: jcam222
Congrats on the smoker. now we will have another member for the Northern CA gathering @bmudd14474

Bmudd ram rods the deal, but I am interested too. I supply the cooking wood, oak, almond and pecan

I'd be up for a NorCal gathering. Let me know where and when.

Kevin, sorry to hear about your WSM. Glad it was handled by Weber.

When I got my WSM from Amazon it was obvious it had been opened, unpacked, and repacked. Was probably a return. It too was slightly out of round and I thought seriously about returning it, but the lid fit and I hoped it would seal. After 6 mos use, it didn't, but a Nomex gasket did the trick. Was a bear to clean for the gasket sealer, but Ive been smoking with it for years. Weber did replace the flattened door.

Well, the replacement lid arrived, and while the finish is perfect, it is still slightly out of round, measuring 23: from back to front (seam side to door side) and 22 3/4" the other way. The lid fits, but needs to be gently nudged into position. I am beginning to wonder if that is just how they all are, but if so, i have no idea how the hinge mod would work.

They also sent me the rails and all mounting hardware, and the grommet. I also already have a second door as I ordered the stainless steel door (which arrived today. I'm wondering if it's possible to buy a lid and bottom bowl with legs anywhere. I could not find them online, but everything else is available online (grates, charcoal ring, water pan, ash catcher etc.).

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky