New Smoker in Texas

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Plumpo

Original poster
Nov 11, 2018
Austin TX
Greetings!

I'm new to smoking, but have done a fair amount of grilling in the past. I live outside of Austin, TX. A friend of mine gave me an old Side Smoker Grill when they moved. No clue what make/model it is, nothing is branded. Its pretty simple, so doesn't really matter. But if anyone knows what it is, let me know!

Almost done refurbishing it. Removed the rust and gave it a new coat of paint. Replaced the thermometer and added a 2nd one to the fire box. New wood handles/shelves are drying in the garage. Added some strips of LavaLock 12 to help seal it, but might need to add more/redo then. It still leaks a fair amount, but much better than before.

LFtg1b9.jpg

I work in IT so enjoy gadgets and looking into getting a HeaterMeter to help regulate temp and send me alerts.

Attachments

• IMG_20181111_123655.jpg
    IMG_20181111_123655.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 7
    IMG_20181111_123655.jpg
    IMG_20181111_123655.jpg
Welcome to the site Plumpo, Sorry I can't help with identifying your smoker. If you have any other questions ask away.

Chris

Welcome to the site Plumpo, Sorry I can't help with identifying your smoker. If you have any other questions ask away.

Chris

Thanks! No worries with the grill ID. So far pretty solid success rate on smoking some steaks and chicken. Love the versatility of a side smoker when I just want to grill something. First rack of ribs just went on, well see how it goes later tonight.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky