New Smoker in Mississippi

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tyrroneous

Original poster
Dec 10, 2007
Caledonia, MS
Hi folks!!

I've been a long time fan of smoked meats and have always wanted to try my hand at it.

The day before Thanksgiving, my wife surprised me by giving me an offset smoker as an early birthday gift. So far I've smoked a turkey (successful), ribs (not so successful), and a boston butt (very good!).

I've enjoyed the process so far, but feel I have a lot to learn to become proficient at smoking. My search for more info led me here and after poking around some, felt I should sign up.

Welcome to SMF, Tyrroneous! If you're just getting started this is a GREAT place to hang out. The folks here are friendly and always willing to share their experience. Make yourself at home and look around. We're glad to have you on board.

Welcome to the forum.
biggrin.gif

Welcome to THE site. Good luck with all future smoking adventures. I agree with HawgHeaven with the 3-2-1 rib process. was one of the first smokes I had done after joning the forum. I personally haven't done them any different since.

Welcome to the forum. The 3-2-1 method is good, but I prefer low and slow. I smoked two slabs low and slow for 8 hours and they came out great. I have used the 3-2-1 method but it's not for me because I have problems over-cooking the meat and the bones fall out. Low and slow for me. Everyone is different.

Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.

I'll definitely be tackling the ribs again...probably over the Christmas holidays. I'll have to give the 3-2-1 method a shot.
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

one more welcome from a fellow mississippian. Hope you enjoy it here. So far its been good to me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky