New Smoker Build

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

randya

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
I was able to pickup a 4'x8'x3/16" sheet of steel for $20 able a year ago and it's just been laying on my shop floor. I've decided to build me another small octagon chamber with square firebox off set smoker. Getting started on it. It will be mounted on a roll around stand. Haven't mounted the firebox yet or built the stand but will update as I move forward.

IMG_5073.JPG
IMG_5074.JPG
IMG_5091.JPG
IMG_5090.JPG

I'm along for the ride... Hope I see it LIVE since I'm in Palmetto also ... You may have seen my build floating around town.. I had it at the Manatee County Fair last year... (the build is in my signature line)...

Kinda funny to see u over here lol, just seen your screen name a little better, i hope johns not looking if I throw a couple tips your way

Thanks, setting up for ribs, pork butt, chicken, and brisket. building this so I will not have to use my big one for small smokes. That's my thinking!

Is your avatar the big one, and did you build it, too? Can't make out a lot of detail in the small pic.

To all followers of this post it will be a while until I get it done. Cut my forearm working on it last weekend requiring surgery a will down for 6 weeks or more.

To all followers of this post it will be a while until I get it done. Cut my forearm working on it last weekend requiring surgery a will down for 6 weeks or more.

Sorry to hear about your accident. Here's hoping the surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.

I envy your metal working skills. I do pretty good with wood but have never tried metal work or welding.

Reactions: randya
Doctor release me to do a little work so I worked on the smoker for the first time in 15 weeks. Was able to get it mounted to the cart. I'm still in therapy working on hand strength but it is getting there. Will hopefully get back on it and get it completed. Got to cut in door, mount chimney, and fire box door next.
IMG_5261.JPG

Last edited:
Thanks for asking, he stay way west of us and we had no issues here. Did you far ok at your place?

The storm passed to the west of us. We had a little rain, (less than an inch), and 50 MPH winds. Electric "blinked" a half dozen times but never went out, altogether.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky