New smokehouse

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tfd21

Original poster
Jul 26, 2017
Here's the start
GALLERY]
so far so good

Not sure why other photos did not show up any help

Nice start !!!   When you start on the heat source, think about ways to get rid of extra heat, from the fire box, and to allow extra air into the smoke house....

Good air flow makes for great smoked meats...  Also, adjustable extra air flow will help to burn off creosotes and lower the temp in the smokehouse...

Below is a drawing I put together showing "some" of the ways to accomplish the above.....

Nice start !!!   When you start on the heat source, think about ways to get rid of extra heat, from the fire box, and to allow extra air into the smoke house....
Good air flow makes for great smoked meats...  Also, adjustable extra air flow will help to burn off creosotes and lower the temp in the smokehouse...

Below is a drawing I put together showing "some" of the ways to accomplish the above.....

Yes I have it will be like that I did a test burn on a 85 deg day smoker stayed under 90 deg the whole time this is a cold smoker only

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky