New smokehouse is built and ready for the test run.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
That's a good looking build and it's also well thought out!  I like the way you did the floor in it.  The smoke pipe inlet seems to have a "tee" section, is that for clean out of the drips and such?

Also, if that "porch" area is slate, I'm majorly envious!

Nice work!

The black pipe under it is solely for heat from the propane gas burner in the black hot box I welded up to the right and lined it with fire brick.
I am using a smoke generator that's mounted on the left for my smoke.
And yes the pipe out the bottom of the pan is 8" with a bottom cap that I can remove for cleanup. It has a 6"tee that I used double wall chimney pipe to duct the heat over.
Also yes I stumbled on a 2 1/2" thick piece of slate that seemed to fit perfectly as a front porch pad.

Found an online auction site and got an amazing deal on a huge refrigerator and a smaller freezer/work station. Both for less than $500. The local sub shop was more than happy to give me some used food grade pickle buckets. 1/3 cup of bleach and 1/3 cup of murphys soap and a gallon of water soaked over night cleaned out with bleach and water removed the pickle smell.

I may do a cheese run this evening I have a couple pounds of Gouda waiting. But I have three turkeys in the brine as of yesterday so 5-6 days and I'll fire her up and see how deep the pink can go.

I've been reading this forum for months prior and during this build and now that it's done I can't wait for the next throwdown. So excited to test it out.......why does it take so long to brine[emoji]128546[/emoji]

I've been reading this forum for months prior and during this build and now that it's done I can't wait for the next throwdown. So excited to test it out.......why does it take so long to brine[emoji]128546[/emoji]
As a Mentor of mine once said "You can't rush good, son."

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky