New Poster

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

heubrewer

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jun 9, 2014
Chicago Area
Found this site before purchasing my MES 30 from Bass Pro Shops. 

I have enjoyed smoked foods since my dad bought a Brinkman charcoal smoker over 35 years ago.

I have done mostly "smilling" a combined SMoking & grILLING using my Webber Kettle grill. 

After I got my MES I have been coming to this site and reading a bunch of info.

With only a few smokes on my MBE under my belt, I am doing a lot of experimenting

Wood chips (soaked or dry) so far dry is winning out

When to add the meat (right now I am adding it soon after I start the smoker and add the chips as opposed to pre-heating to smoking temperatures.

When to add water... if at all.

etc...

These forums are so full of info and people willing to share their "secrets" it is amazing and humbling.

I discovered the 2-2-1 method here for ribs

wrapping pork loin in bacon

wonderful poultry brines

tips for smoked salmon...

and the list goes on.

Thanks everyone for sharing, and I will be sure to share any successes I have. 

In fact I will start right now

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/164213/pork-loin-thank-you

HEUBrewer from Illinois

Last edited:
Good morning and welcome to the site, looks like you have it going your way, Lots of good information on here.

Gary S

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky