New portable masterbuilt

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

phathead69

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2016
TN
Picked me up a MB portable last night at walm art for clearance price $40. Got it seasoned last night.
20180216_204957.jpg
seasoned some ribs and loaded some chips this morning 8:30am for lunch. 20180217_083521_001.jpg
20180217_083841.jpg
Been in one hour. Temps holding got a probe on each rack seems to be holding steady but not a lot of smoke. 15188781601162007397886.jpg
More updates later

11 am and temp holding real well. Put some water in the chip pan and had to up the heat from low to little less than med. Chips in water pan making nice smoke. 20180217_105409.jpg

3 hours in just panned added water bourbon mix and sealed with foil

3 hours in just panned added water bourbon mix and sealed with foil
You HAD to say Bourbon ,,, I was trying to wait til later .

I saw one of those here for 40 bucks . Was the display and who ever put it together jacked it up so I passed .
Looks like fun .

Gary I seen one of these and the chip pan is very small and water pan is larger.
Thinking about getting one but they at regular price are $100.00 but I think would work great for small cooks for a couple people.

Warren

Here's the results pulled 200 pm 20180217_134534.jpg
Rest of them are on plates. Have to say not bad at all. Used cherry chips and made a few hickory chips and used. Not Smokey enough for me but wife and daughter loved them didn't fall apart but bones would clean 99% while eating. No typo on the pans. I had done a search on here last night and some did the water and chip pan swap. I may try to make me an amps or something. Overall great for small smoke or when not wanting to sit with big wood smoker. I like the taste from my wood smoker better but not bad and it will work camping like a charm. Considering getting the other one they had on clearance for a back up.

Reactions: bobcats110
I picked one of these up a while back as well....easier to transport than my Weber SM18". Haven't opened the box yet but should get some stuff going in April when work slows down.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky