1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

New pellet smoker

Discussion in 'Pellet Smokers' started by BKING!, Nov 7, 2018.

1. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

So I’ve been away for a while...
    Anyway I got a new Mak 1 star a couple weeks ago and have been breaking it in. I got the full upper grate, added four grill grate panels, and I’ll be getting a flame zone soon for it. I’ll be posting more in the future.

Attached Files:

Lookn4u likes this.
  2. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

I think that’s everything. Very happy with it so far and finally after the meat loaf cook tonight I got it nice and seasoned

Attached Files:

retfr8flyr likes this.
  3. That’s a sweet smoker and great looking food!! Keep the pics coming.

BKING! likes this.
  4. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Nice choice.

BKING! likes this.
  5. SonnyE

SonnyE Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Whew! What a sexy machine!
    I watched a review on it. Sweet!

But the results tell it all. :D

BKING! likes this.
  6. gmc2003

gmc2003 Master of the Pit

Congratulations on the new smoker bking. It looks great and is obviously putting out some good Q.

Chris

BKING! likes this.
  7. Nice smoker. Food looks fantastic

BKING! likes this.
  8. SmokinAl

SmokinAl Smoking Guru Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member ★ Lifetime Premier ★

Congrats on the new smoker!
    Looks like it's doing a darn good job for you!
    Al

BKING! likes this.
  9. mike243

mike243 Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Congrats and looks great,love pellets smokers .heck love all smokers have no hate for any style ,making great grub in any form is something to be proud about and dont let folks dictate what your food should taste like,if you like it thats all that matters imo

10. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

Yep. I’ve owned 1 electric, 2 propane, 3 charcoal, 1 stick burner, and 2 pellet. I believe I’m liking pellet the most.

11. schlotz

schlotz Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

A wise selection. You're gonna continue to love it. MAK's are one of the best.

BKING! likes this.
  12. Winterrider

Winterrider Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

Nice purchase, I have been eyeballing them for awhile.
    Just don't know enough about pellet grills to know if a $1700 rig is going to make better Q than a $800 unit. I'm sure there is better quality components in the more expensive ones.

13. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

There is better material, design, and controller but I wouldn’t think the food would taste different vs a cheaper one. I’ll easily have $2200 in this unit once I’m done with it. A ys 640 on a competition cart with a 2 piece diffuser would be in that same ball park as well

14. retfr8flyr

retfr8flyr Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

From everything I have read about the Mak, it will produce a better tasting product than cheaper grills. The controller is the main reason for the better flavor. The Mak is supposed to have the best controller in the business and imparts a much better smoke flavor then most other grills, with lesser controllers. It all depends on whether you think all the extra money is worth a little better flavor. I'ts kind of like comparing a Mercedes to a KIA, they both get the job done but with different a different level of luxury involved.

15. BKING!

BKING! Smoking Fanatic

Pretty much this. I’ve owned a gmg pellet pooper before this one and how it runs is night and day. Both produce good food though. I’ve never felt the need to use a smoke tube though on the Mak. It’s just as smokey as a CLEAN burning offset or charcoal smoker. Plenty of smoke flavor. You can get smoke on other pellet smokers though but may have to use smoke tubes or use the smoke setting longer but I feel you can match a Mak or Yode in taste. You will just have to work a lot harder at it

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 7:18 PM